Not every town is has the luck of the Santa Barbara beaches we have here. Varying from rocky and empty to spots with picnic tables and restaurants, you have a lot of great beach play here.
- Opal Restaurant & Bar — 1325 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; 805-966-9676
- Olio e Limone Ristorante — 11 West Victoria Street, Suite 17, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; 805-899-2699
- Olio Pizzeria – 11 West Victoria Street, Suite 26, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; 805-899-2699
- Bouchon — 9 West Victoria Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; 805-730-1160
- Scarlett Begonia — 11 West Victoria Street, Santa Barbara; 805-770-2145.
- Jane — 1311 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; 805-962-1311
- Trattoria Vittoria — 30 East Victoria Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; 805-962-5014
- SOhO Restaurant & Music Club — 1221 State Street, Suite 205, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; 805-962-7776
- The Wine Cask Bar Cafe — 813 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; 805-966-9463
- Joe’s Cafe — 536 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; 805-966-4638
- Zaytoon — 209 East Canon Perdido Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; 805-963-1293 (Live Bellydancing at Zaytoon most weekend nights!)
In Town To Do’s
East Beach just east of West Beach has hosted the weekly Santa Barbara Arts Show (AKA Domingo Art Show) for as long as I can remember as they started in 1965 -that’s a lot of Art Shows! This is a great Sunday of people watching, beach viewing and meeting local artists who display and sell their original works.
Chase Palm Park features Shipwreck Playground for the kids (when I grew up here it featured pony rides, that’s been awhile!). From July- September, stop by Chase Palm Park on Thursday nights to catch the free music and great gathering of locals out for a picnic and music.
Santa Barbara County Parks
You will regularly see weddings and community events being planned at our county beaches. The Cabrillo Arts Center is a hub of activity all year and while at these Santa Barbara beaches. It’s all first come first serve when it comes t o finding your place, but the crowds are manageable to sparse.
North to Goleta
If you are looking to plan a party, consider Goleta Beach . This beach is large and features group rental sites with BBQ’s and picnic tables. Great for little ones with swings and a nearby bathroom, Goleta Beach can accommodate your desire for a seabass and Chardonnay or a snack bar with fries and a coke. In the early mornings, you’ll see the fishermen pulling the fish right off the pier.
Devereux is a rare Santa Barbara beach in that it is a UC natural reserve. Situated in Isla Vista (in Santa Barbara county) it is popular with University students and surfers. If you have little kids, take them at low tide to check out the myriad of sea life there.
There are more beaches I can tell you about, feel free to send me a note if you have questions about anything about beaches in Santa Barbara.